WHEN SHOULD AN FCE BE USED?
An FCE can aid the physician’s ability to evaluate medical impairments, provide baseline for treatment and establish safe physical abilities for making return-to-work decisions. For a worker’s compensation carrier, an FCE can confirm an injury and be used to assist in case resolution. For an employer, and FCE can help return an employee back to work safely, providing data for ergonomic interventions and possible job modifications.
FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY EVALUATIONS
Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE’s) are a comprehensive series of functional tests that objectively measure a client’s physical abilities and physical demand work level. The FCE is an important tool used to assist employers, physicians, insurance companies, attorneys, case managers and vocational consultants to determine safe, functional levels for an individual to either return to work or to establish functional ability.
At Prairie Rehabilitation we utilize the WorkWell Functional Capacity Evaluation, which has been studied for reliability and validity, and is based on clinical research. This means that you get results that you can trust.
BENEFITS OF THE WORKWELL FCE:
- FCEs offered in either a 1 day (3-4 hours) or 2 day (3-4 hours on consecutive days) format.
- Evidenced and Research Based Protocols
- Well Defined Processes and Protocols: Medical/Legal Credibility
- PTs and OTs Perform the FCE
- Kinesiophysical Approach Objective Scoring Criteria
- Documentation of the Physical Cause behind the Functional Limitation
- Rigorous for Medical Legal FCEs; Comprehensive for Disability FCEs; Ability to Perform Job Specific FCE
- Standardized Test with Flexible Design
- Produces Clear Summary Report Understood by All Parties